In an effort to motivate, inspire and hopefully empower, Joe Decker decided to come up with a fun & engaging 2 months worth of challenges with each completion building upon the next. He based it upon his training for the 24 Hour Guinness World Record as well as the SUCK with a few modifications to make it more comprehensive and ‘fun.’ If you’re looking for a way to kick your fitness goals for 2021 in the a**, this will do just that.
The Gut Check Challenges – REGISTER HERE
- Feb 25 – Mar 26 – The Olive Drab Challenge – CONQUERED
- Mar 27-Apr 2 – The Red Challenge: 5 days with 5 miles per day + 50 reps of 5 exercises TBD (5 days on 2 days off)
- Apr 3-9 – The White Challenge: 4 days with 7 miles per day + 70 reps of 7 exercises TBD (4 days on 3 days off)
- Apr 10-16 – The Blue Challenge: 3 days with 10 miles per day + 100 reps of 10 exercises TBD (3 days on 4 days off)
- Apr 17-18 – The GUT CHECK Black Challenge: 2 days (48 hours) – 26.2 miles of running + 3,000 ab crunches, 1,100 push-ups, 1,100 jumping jacks, 1 mile burpee leap frog. (Does not have to be done all at once or in order. You can break the run & the exercises up anyway you want but only have 48 hours to complete everything.)
- April 17-18 – The SUCK Black Challenge : 2 days (48 hours) – 26.2 miles of humping a pack with 35lb sandbag + Gut Check Murph 200 pack presses, 400 pack push-ups and 600 pack squats and 1 mile bucket carry with 2x 35lb sandbags. (Does not have to be done all at once or in order. You can break the run & the exercises up anyway you want but only have 48 hours to complete everything.)
- Apr 17-18 – The DEVIL’S DOUBLE: A combination of BOTH The GUT CHECK Black Challenge – 26.2 miles of running + 3,000 ab crunches, 1,100 push-ups, 1,100 jumping jacks, 1 mile burpee leap frog PLUS The SUCK Black Challenge – 26.2 miles of humping a pack with sandbag + Gut Check Murph 200 pack presses, 400 pack push-ups and 600 pack squats and 1 mile bucket carry. Both MUST be completed in 2 days (48 hours). I suggest starting Friday 7PM SUCK Black, rest, then Sunday 7AM GUT CHECK Black. You can break the run/hump & exercises up for either the GUT CHECK or SUCK Black Challenge but must have a GPS/Strava map of BOTH 26.2 mile route as proof.
Each daily run must be documented with GPS, Strava or similar then posted to the Gut Check Challenges page for verification. You will not receive your custom silicone wristband if your run is not documented. Since we’re doing it virtually, we trust you to be honorable when completing your exercises and the prescribed number of reps. The event is based upon the US Military ‘Honor System,” please do not cheat as you’re truly only cheating yourself.
For each challenge that you complete in it’s entirety, we will send you the corresponding Olive Drab, Red, White, Blue, Black or Devil’s Double custom silicone wristband that you registered for. If you register for multiple or all, we will send the custom bracelets at the completion of your last event, not individually.
We are also hosting Gut Check Virtual Workouts via ZOOM that will help you complete these challenges. SIGN UP HERE